- Cook Forest, (10 minutes away) offers fishing, canoeing, hiking, horseback riding, and fun parks
- Clear Creek State Park, (2 miles away) sits along the Clarion River and has some great hiking trails, a trout pond and stream that is stocked. Swimming is also available.
- Elk viewing areas are about 1 to 1.5 hours away.
- A great spot for kids as well as adults is Bear Town Rocks which has a perfect place to look over the forest for miles from atop the rocks, and the kids have a blast climbing the rocks.
- If you like shopping at antique shop craft shops and other mountain oriented shops, you can visit some wonderful shops in the area and we would be happy to direct you to them.
- If you have never been to the Cook Forest area before, you should plan a trip and find out why the people that do, always come back year after year. Come up and get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Maybe you will remember how nice it is just to relax, if if only for a few days.
- There are a lot of great restaurants in the area, the Saw Mill Theater for the Arts, ATV and Snowmobile Trails are all around the area, so much more!
- A large flea market in Hazen, open the first weekend of the month May through October. Plus there are always lots of yard sales!
- The Historic town of Brookville is a great place to visit and shop, or take a drive to Clarion or DuBois to shop at the malls.
- If golfing is your sport, there are many nice courses just a short drive.
- Hunters enjoy thousands of acres of hunting land in the Allegheny National Forest, Cook Forest, and Kittanning Forest, all are part of the Pennsylvania Wilds
At The Woods Cabin & Campground
610 Shaffer Road Sigel, PA 15860 Phone: (330) 385-2404 Phone: (330) 323-2984 [email protected]
Mail To: Dan & Carol Stanley 51140 Rainbow Road East Liverpool OH 43920 .